Heliski Mt Cook From Wanaka
You can heliski Mount Cook the same day from Wanaka using our fly-heli-fly package in association with Southern Alps Air.
After a fantasic 40 minute scenic flight you will be loading up for the first big run of the day. The flight from Wanaka in itself is an amazing journey over Lakes Wanaka and Hawea and across the snow-clad mountains of the Southern Alps.
You need your own transport to Wanaka Airfield, but will be back in Wanaka in time for the sunset on Treble Cone, just after 5:00 pm.
- 07:30 - We telephone to confirm we are operating
- 08:00 - Make your way to Southern Alps Air at Wanaka Aifield, and fly to Mount Cook
- 09:00 - 09:30 Arrive - at Mount Cook - Heliski day begins
- 15:45 - 16:00 Flights departs to Wanaka
- 1630 - 17:00 - Arrive back at Wanaka
How the day runs
Times may vary slightly on the day.
Price NZ$1,640 per person
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
All the 5-run 'Wilderness' day inclusions
Return flights from Wanaka/Mount Cook
A minimum of 4 bookings is required to operate each day. Bookings from individuals are welcome to make up minimum numbers.
Flights ex-Wanaka are weather dependent